Wednesday 13 May 2015

Stolen Innocence



    

The thought of a 14-year old willingly opening her legs for a grown man of over 30 years, is still something my mind cannot fathom. And guess what, she wasn’t even a virgin.

   Way back then, popsy would tell us that whoever marries as a virgin would get a brand new car for a wedding gift. This was BIG then and it helped. Sex before marriage was like an abomination. It wouldn’t even cross your mind. My parents made sure that we were also well monitored. #ThumbsUpsToThem

It is really sad that some parents just give birth and literally abandon their kids. They live together but are totally oblivious of what they are going through. How do you explain the story of a mother that had absolutely no idea that her 3-year old daughter was constantly abused by her uncle for so long, under the same roof? Unbelievable! Because she had serious injuries in her private part.


Multiple sex partners at age 14? Too bad!
  
 Amongst other reasons why I find this rather puzzling, is the fact that at age 14, I was very naïve and innocent. I had just started menstruating the previous year and it was all about academics for me then.

       Mind you, I was very much aware of sex, dating and related issues because I read a lot back then, was an extrovert plus I was kindda very close to one of our grown in-laws. She was very beautiful, adventurous and quite spoilt. She would tell me about all her boyfriends; the ones she liked, the ones she slept with and those that were just magas’. Often times, I would follow her to visit some of them. I knew about all her escapades, she would tell me virtually every detail.
Ok, enough said about her already (RIP Buddy)….Now you know that I wasn’t so naïve after all. (Point communicated)

   Even with how strict my parents were, I was quite exposed. Way more than my sisters I should think; but I never tripped. You know what they say…..'Train up a child in the way he should go…... (you know the rest)

    Don’t get me wrong, I am not oblivious of the fact that as a young girl, you can be deceived and taken advantage of. But for a 15-year old to be a pro’ in sex already is something that should be frowned at. At age 15, she had already slept with a lot of men! WOW!

   How messed up inside she will be? Much emotionally trauma for such a young child.
Oh! But why was her innocence stolen so freaking early? Why couldn’t she have the normal growth process? Did she have a mummy to cry to?

Streams of questions come to the mind;
When did she start?
Was she abused as a child?
Where are her parents?
How did she become this bad?
Why couldn’t anyone help?
Was she ever infected?
How did she manage herself?

Now I am older, I tell you, sex is complicated especially for a woman. And to think that a small girl with not very mature mind and organs would have gone through such ordeal is saddening.

And YES! i blame it mostly on POOR PARENTING!

  Parents please watch over your children, your girls especially. Groom them, be their friend. Don’t allow this fate for your children. You owe it to them! It is your responsibility.


#peeandpaperBlog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Blog Post