Saturday 4 October 2014

Just A Single Gun Shot

 Got up very early this morning by 4am precisely, this by the way is very usual when I’m working morning shift for the week. I've deliberately decided to skip telling you about my normal morning routine; from when I wake up to when I get to the office, just so I don’t get to bore you too much.


     Work today was quite busy, yeah, the usual rush by passengers flying home for the Eid-el-Kabir celebration. The day started out not so well for me but OK anyways, though it was quite difficult for me to get transportation. It’s Saturday and ‘Sallah’ at the same time and most people usually would be in their houses preparing for the BIG day.

    Another 2hrs 30mins from when I resumed work, the flight had boarded already, traffic of people coming to get tickets had reduced greatly. This invariably means that I now had some time to myself to do the hell whatever I want.

     And well, CYBER SPACE! Of course is automatically the next thing that would come to pretty much anybody’s mind first. You wanna' check out pings, twitter, facebook, instagram etc.

    BBM was dry, so I decided to check INSTAGRAM. And Gbam! The very first picture from an update I saw is the reason I’m writing this piece.

It got me numb and all I could say was OMG! The photo was so intense that even the DEVIL himself would go ‘AWWWW’ after seeing something that disheartening. A stone hearted fella would shed a tear at this trust me.
   
~~> Check Below for trageic photo (18+only)

     It was a photo of a young lady in her 20’s, good skin tone and just like you and I. Probably very intelligent, ambitious, lively, full of dreams and aspirations, like a lot of other ladies out there.

     I wonder how she would have felt when she first heard the news of her condition. The thousands of questions that ran through her mind, did she shed tears, was she numb out of shock or probably passed out.

    Seeing this photo of a Breast Cancer Patient that just had a Mastectomy with really long stitches got me really thinking.

     Did she deserve this? Why her? Is she going to make it? How would she cope with losing one breast if she does make it? Will the pain ever end? Will the other breast be affected too? Will things ever be the same again for her?

     What about her dreams and aspirations? Will this make her a vegetable for life? How are her family and loved ones taking this? Oh there’s her job/ career too. Or is this the end for her.

    A battalion questions would run through her mind daily. Poor her!
    Scary part is that CANCER can happen to just anyone and at any time. No one knows the exact cause really.

Well this just leave us to hope for the BEST, live our lives to the FULLEST why we still can. Do GOOD and THANK God for his grace and mercies, because LIFE indeed is fleeting as a single shot from a GUN can end everything about you.


~~> check Below for trageic photo (18+ only)


For more information on BREAST CANCER, open link http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001911/#adam_000913.disease.causes

@peebaby1
#peeandpaperBlog
www.peeandpaper.blogspot.com




1 comment:

Previous Blog Post