Monday 8 September 2014

what it says

    I decided to travel back to Lagos from Benin by road that faithful Sunday. It was a beautiful experience; a bosom friend of mine had just gotten married the previous day to the 'love of her life'
     You needed to see the way he looked at her all through the ceremony... he was obviously in love, he had won a jackpot. Indeed he has I must say, she is one of the sweetest lady I know; Calm, good girl, warm at heart, God fearing, selfless, infact caring to a fault, wife material e.t.c
     It was a big wedding that sat over a thousand guests, huge hall, awesome decorations, best live band I have watched performed yet and oh I can't forget that lovely wedding dress.
It was a time to re-unite with old friends and course mates, lots of catch-up talks, dancing, plus photo snapping which by way is my favorite...#cool
     My flight from Lagos the day before was for 1530HRS. We boarded on time and luckily for me, it was a free-seating flight. I got my favorite window seat #widesmile.
     And then was the issue of two 'last minute' passengers. Apparently they just had to get 'special seats' because they were dignitaries and the Business class section was already full. It was a little battle because the family of six seated just after the business section refused to move. The crew on board had it tough. This ordeal of course delayed our trip but it also came with a little comedy. Nigerians will always make fun out of everything LOL. HAPPY PEOPLE Yeah.
     Comments like; who dem be sef? Abeg make dem go siddon for back joor, Business class my foot for 35minutes flight mtcheew! This cabin crew neva ready o...the comments went on and on and the crew members were helpless because they had already told us we could seat anywhere we wanted.
     But for two good Samaritans who volunteered and gave up their seat, I wonder what would have happened...it was a long one.
     An elderly man took the seat next to me. You know the normal drill, #whew! Though I still don’t know why some men feel they sortta are obligated to strike up a conversation with any pretty lady they meet even the ones older than my father #SMH.
     He started with the normal 'getting to know you' crap. What can I do, I had to endure the conversation of course and even forced sleeping at some point.
     Well for the most of it, I got a first class ride home with mobile police and soldiers as convoy...#WhatzMyOwn Not so bad afterall I said to myself.
     Flashing back to the events that occurred at home, I wasn’t happy about it at all. It was officially my first night in my dad's new house and I give it to him, he did a very good job; lovely design, beautiful interiors, huge compound, great color combination etc. But for the fact that things weren’t so ok at home, it would have been a perfect visit. But I KNOW that things will definitely bounce back. I mean, it has no choice but to.

OK I'm Out. Thanks

@peebaby1
#peeandpaperblog
www.peeandpaper.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Yea, things will definitely bounce back. As for the old Dada, I think he was looking for love. Hahaha 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, things will definitely bounce back. As for the old Dada, I think he was looking for love. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Previous Blog Post