Sunday 1 March 2015

Keke Napep (Maruwa) Hustle



    And that was how I jumped into a moving 'keke like a full blown Lagos 'tout or hustler' would. Strangely I have only been in Lagos for almost four years now.....what do you say, I have very well adapted to the hustling & bustling system in Eko.
     He waited a few seconds for me to settle in and them Gbam! he launched at me

    Between the microsecond that I saw his mouth open, I wondered what he wanted to say.
'Please not this old man' I prayed softly

   "You tried o, see the way you just jump enter inside the keke. You must be very use to doing it o...because a new person for fall down o. You try well well'


   I was a bit relieved because I just couldn't deal with an old man wooing me' in a dilapidated 'keke Maruma'. It would have been too much for me to take that morning.

    Was I embarrassed? O you bet I was.
As both himself (the old man) and the driver laughed, at me? Nah! The situation? Yes!
     You cannot imagine the embarrassment....

   I had to put up a fake smile so I don’t appear rude as HE was an elderly man of say in his mid 50's.
     Swarms of emotions came pouring in. 'Plus vexing, plus smiling, all of them come mix up'

Wait a minute, I should say I felt this ting of excitement. HEHEHE I was proud of myself.
    I had displayed dexterity, skill, energy, agility, smartness....I mean I KILLED IT #BigWideSmile
   I was so smooth that someone had to commend me....plus I am a lady too, that everyone would have imagined would be soft and all borti-ish.
   But instead it was the opposite! That was a very good way to start my day if you ask me. STRONG!

    For the rest of the journey, my mind was busy. I had a truck load of things I wanted to achieve that day But first, I had to get to the office and it was running late.
.
.
.
.
 And Yes! I made to the office it in Time!



@peebaby1
 #peeandpaperBlog
www.peeandpaper.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Interesting,makes u smile and keeps u glued to the article.Keep it up pee,I believe ure going somewhere with this gift u have.

    ReplyDelete

Previous Blog Post