Monday 14 July 2014

Insatiable.....'Short Poem'

The once meaningful
So now meaningless
Cravings screaming at the roof top
Left me wondering when it would stop
Upon this longing did I stay awake
Hoping that soon I'll get a break

But then came another
Oh and yet another
Screaming for want of attention
Too numerous for one to mention
All spread out in a splatter
And they all seem to matter

But only a short while ago
I could bet I was 'ready to go'
Unsure of where truly to turn
Again and again to this very point I return
Undecided of which way to ply
Or maybe I should rather fly



2 comments:

  1. You know, over time I've noticed that the deepest touching pieces, from poem to letter to article, are done with a sense of sobriety. There's always that connection with a world that's more tragic than orderly and it immediately evokes kinship of spirit with all and sundry. You've done it again with this piece, Pee, and I doff my heart for you. Ride on, baby...

    ReplyDelete

Previous Blog Post