Monday 23 June 2014

Clueless...


How do you work in a place for more than five years and still don't know jack about how they run things there?

How could you have been using a phone for more than a year and don't know some really 'basic straight forward' things about YOUR phone when you can read and write. But I mean, it's your' phone!

You've had a laptop since like FOREVER and you don't even know how to connect to Wifi. Seriously? Even a 3-year old can do that.

Why not download a dictionary application in your phone and stop asking people the meaning of words.

Google that information you are looking for and stop asking dumb questions na! Your phone is connected to the internet na! Haba!

Some people are totally and utterly clueless though! Dang! And it's really amazing and annoying when they ask you some really dumb questions and you're like, ...REALLY?

Ok, I guess I could use a few lines to 'blow my trumphet' a little.
I'm a NATURAL when it comes to computers, gadgets, electronics and the likes. Everything I know ref' that, I can boldly say I learned like 90% myself. I can pretty much find my way with any gadget, well mostly because I am not afraid that it could go bad.
Is the gadget on? Then leave the rest to Pee.
Yes! and also any other everyday petty issues...I'm a FIXER' #BlessJesus

Ok back to the matter....
There's this incident I can't forget because I thought it was very very funny.
I was at a business center to get an external HD some years back, when this really beautiful lady walked in. She was slim, fair, tall, pretty and in her late 20's. She spoke good English too. She came with her BlackBerry phone with data as she had already subscribed. 'Please I want you to help me download BBM, Whatsapp and some songs in my phone' she said.
Oh yes! She paid #15,000 for service rendered that day. Can you just imagine!
She obviously was CLUELESS. Damn! I almost exploded where I was sitting but I 'gas shut up, make I nor go spoil person market'

It's really funny how so unaware some people are. And this is to a large extent because of ZERO CURIOUSITY and total lack of ADVENTUROUS DRIVE. I mean! 'shebi na you get the phone? Why you come they fear to press am na!' Press am jorr, if e wan spoil make e spoil! #TongueOut

Yes! It's true 'You can't know it all' ...But I say, feel free to play around your gadgets. Click through every function' in that gadget if possible. Google for answers, check the meaning of that word, Pick up that remote control, play around, earn something new because that's HOW YOU LEARN! You won't 'Press Spoil' Trust me, 'cause i'll be watching you #winks

#peeandpaper
www.peeandpaper.blodspot.com

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Pee! #thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pee, you're the sort of wife my brother is looking for, but you're way older than him and so that's a lost cause. You're way more than just Pee; you're that woman of many parts I dreamed of. I take umbrage at people asking dumb questions that could easily be settled by a few touches of the phone, and I usually don't give them a response. As for the 15k girl, she obviously had a lot of cash to throw around; wish I'd been there to get my bit. Can I ever have a gadget without pressing all the buttons adventurously? I doubt it, babe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I agree with some of what's written, I think you should have clearly defined 'basic' bearing in mind that what might seem basic to you may not be the same for someone else. When you say u are a NATURAL when it comes to computers and stuff, in that context, I take it to mean that you are a pro. Believe me, if I gave you a computer (not our everyday computer) with a bunch of apps, you couldn't possibly figure how the computer and those bunch of apps work even if you were given a year .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...i did define 'basic'
      Nah wasn't talkin about pro stuff but our 'everyday regular computers and gadgets'...clearly mentioned that on the write up too....well its obvious you've not met pple dat literally can't connect their gadgets to wifi lol

      Delete
    2. Yes ma'am!! I have to admit I skipped a few lines. Am yet to meet people who can connect their devices to Wi-Fi, tbh.

      Delete

Previous Blog Post